Every Bookabach listing has a price and availability box that is located in the expanded listing.
Note that we use the following colour codes on the calendar:
RED: The property is already booked.
YELLOW: Provisionally booked (a requested or accepted booking is already present). You are welcome to make an enquiry but you are unlikely to have it accepted.
You’ll also find public, provincial and school holidays marked on the calendar (small coloured triangles).
POA = price on application.
To make a booking request, follow these simple steps:
1) Go to the Request a booking section of the listing.
2) Place your cursor in the Arrive box and use the drop-down calendar to select your arrival date. (If you are unable to select dates, then they won’t be for sale yet. Some property owners/managers only take enquiries 3 or 6 months ahead).
3) Select your departure date.
4) Enter the number of adults and children staying.
5) Click the green Request a booking button. If the options are Book Now or Enquire, only use the “Book Now” option if you are serious about booking the property, otherwise use the “Enquire” button.
6) Either log in with your registered Bookabach account details, or enter your personal details if you don’t already have an account with us.
7) Indicate in the Message to Owner/Manager box whether you require cleaning, linen and other extras, and enter any questions or comments you may have for the property owner/manager.
9) Click the green Continue button. We will indicate whether you have successfully lodged a booking request.
When you request a booking, the website will notify the bach owner or property manager. You’ll receive an acknowledgement email from us and a record will be lodged in your Bookabach account. To view this, go to http://www.bookabach.co.nz and log in, click the down arrow after your name at the top of the page and select the Bookings option. If you want to call to follow up your request, click the relevant More info button to view the phone number(s).
If insufficient availability prevents you from lodging a booking request, then you’ll have to respect the property owner’s/manager’s minimum night stay requirement and look at other properties to rent.
If you want to book long-term or there is a reasonable gap in availability which doesn’t quite meet the minimum night stay requirement, you could still request a booking (with different dates) and enter your actual required dates in the Message to Owner/Manager box before you submit the request form. If the property owners/managers are willing to accept your request, they can edit the dates from their end.
Please ensure you’re using an up-to-date internet browser to access our website (see this help article for more information). If using an older version of Internet Explorer (8 or below), also check that you don’t have the Compatibility View enabled on your browser under “Tools” (the icon looks like a white page torn in half horizontally).
If you've searched Help and can't find the answer to your question, we're here to help. Click here